Friday, December 7, 2012

All eyes on Pompano Beach, Florida

In Pompano Beach, something strange was found. There was a baseball sized eyeball that washed ashore from the Atlantic Ocean. A man walking on the beach saw it and turned it in to Florida's Fish and Wildlife Agency. For days, they had no clue where this came from or whom it belonged to. Their first guesses were a whale, squid, or a tuna. Based on what they could see, they concluded that it belonged to a swordfish. To make sure, they did DNA testing. Now they have added it to their "20,000-plus specimen collection."

5 comments:

  1. Wow thats awesome! You did a great job setting the mysterious mood at the beginning. I do think that it does need a little more explaining because without it the whole story sounds a little rushed. Other than that it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post was very interesting, I really enjoyed reading it. You kept my attention and I learned something new. What do you think is in that 20,000-plus collection? You really painted a picture in my mind about what the eyeball could have looked like. One way to improve your post could be to change some spelling errors such as, "turned" in the third sentence, and maybe Florida's Fish and Wildlife Agency should be capitalized, I'm not sure.
    Really nice post!
    ~Ryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ryan! i just now realized my errors, but no they are fixed!

      Delete
  3. This article I found very interesting. I love marine science so this was really cool to me. Maybe you could try to add in some more information. Maybe do somthing like Ben and say what you took from that, it might be hard with some things we post but is a good thing to keep in mind.

    ReplyDelete